When in Roam

Departure has landed; Flung out of frying pan, fled
I Only To ditch the urban ant farm
But is it pit stop, or forever flee?
No more racing in circles, buzzing to bee.
I am to where unsure this compass leads
Except, I please, to far off Shores indeed


But, once exotic notions; To swim in far off oceans
Ring untrue when those rat races intrude
What’s worse, what’s more?
A stranger’s face, on same eternal chase
But who was I to dream first,
What someone has before?
I would to be exempt from race,
Safe down here upon ocean floor.


Funny that, when in the jungle, one should stumble
Over strewn Pizza huts, and chic burger shacks.
Living a karaoke culture, is the point not dulled?
Looking for something new? Or just insta-cool you
Hark, music! Fuck I’ve been Calvin Harrass'd -
Let’s rock-outback to a didgeridoo!
Fast food sighted, Rifle please! Get my gist?
Now let’s roast that pest of a Kangaroo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sibling Dinesty